Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sick!

Yep, I got the flu.

Saturday night was a great time with Renee and friends. The bar we went to stayed open until 4 but we got kicked out around 2 after Renee told a bouncer to fuck off. Which is funny because she is probably the last person you would expect to get kicked out of a bar (her first time). Eitherway, the bouncer deserved it.

Sunday I stayed in and worked on a freelance project. Me and Renee got a famous English 'pot roast'. Apparently London is known for it's pot roasts, but I just happen to be a pot roast snob (its one of the few things I can cook well) and let me tell you, the London pot roast is terrible. I had heard the food here was bad... its the truth.

Sunday night I started getting the chills and it was not a good night of sleep. By Monday I was sick with the flu. Extreme body aches, chills that make you shake under piles of covers, followed by breaking the fever with sweats that soak the bed. It sucks! I managed yesterday to get some juice and water but have not eaten much else in 48 hours. Food sounds terrible.

I am feeling a bit better today. I went through the whole chills/fever/sweat thing this morning but it was pretty minor compared to yesterday. I am definitely still sick but I think I am past the worst of it.

Overall though, if I am going to get sick on this trip, now was the time to do it. I am settled.

I went to the nearby grocery store this morning, and since no food sounds good yet, I bought about 8 pounds in water, juices and fruit (apple, pear, 2 oranges). Almost got a grapefruit but I lack proper tools to eat. :)

I did miss the Cold War Kids last night. Upsetting as they were one of the bands I wanted to see the most here.

So, today I think I will be staying in. If I am up to it, I am going to try to do more work.

Tomorrow I am hoping to start planning the rest of my trip post the Redland House Hotel (I leave Nov. 23rd). I am thinking when I head into Europe, that I will leave everything of value with Renee and pack light, just take my backpack and camera (no computer). I will be on vacation so I wont need my laptop.

Anyhow, I am going to lay down for a bit again.

No comments: