Friday, November 9, 2007

One week completed

I am settling in to my new place today. I will be here for 2 weeks.

I had second thoughts this morning and found a decent place advertised in a great area but it was very expensive. I decided to check it out so that I will at least feel like I had options. It was nice but a bit out of the city for me. So I decided to stick with what i got.

Going to another concert tonight, Andrew Bird. Should be a lot of fun. I have heard that he is very good live. Afterwards I should be joining Renee and a friend of hers for drinks. Renee also invited me out with some other Americans in Central London tomorrow. Should make for a fun Saturday.

So, i started doing my budget last night. A good detailed one in Excel. No surprises there, I am spending money and lots of it. With that in mind, I am thinking this week I will plan a 2-3 week jaunt through Europe with several day stays in each spot. Were see.

BTW, I have really found that my heart is in good shape this week. Carrying my heavy bags up all these stairs (hostel room was on floor 6 of tiny tight stairs)... and along the Underground. I am getting better and moving around with lots of stuff though. But I figured if I was due for a heart attack, it would have happened this week!

One negative thing about my new room. Shared bathroom... I am currently in dire need of cleansing and both bathroom doors are shut and so I am waiting. Another thing, there is only one electrical unit in the whole room and the tv uses that. So, i can not surf the web or charge my phone, or watch tv at the same time.

I did bring some movies with me on my trip and last night after a chinese dinner I returned to the hostel and watched "The Road Warrior" on my computer with head phones. Good movie! :)

I did add my Shins concert videos to my youtube account, link here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=XEHOD

Also posted one my previous blog post for Wednesday. Good show.

Ok, I need to try to get in that bathroom!

Glad its friday! One week down and excited to be meeting people out tonight. I actually feel like i have friends! :)

No comments: