Sunday, November 18, 2007

Good health!

I think the whiskey did it!

I am healthy. :)

Next time I get sick, I drink nothing but whiskey to 'flush' it out.

Lots of whiskey.

So, Saturday night I went out with Renee to a pub south of the River. It was my first time on such side of the Thames and so I was excited. Great neighborhood. I think I would probably live around there if I lived here. It just felt right. :)

The bar was nice enough. Since I was recovering from severe flu-ness I ordered two whiskeys on the rocks with water. I tried to get scotch but they did not have it.

Renee's friends were all kiwi's and Aussies. A great bunch of people. Turns out one of them works at one of the largest papers here and is going to give me a tour this week and introduce me to one of the online guys for nerd talk. I am very excited about this.

Also met a really nice couple from Australia who had just gotten into town a couple weeks ago. They too had run-ins with the flu. They were lots of fun and they helped me with my 'picking up women' techniques by recommending I just stand outside the ladies room all night. I tried it... Didnt work. We started comparing the famous things about where we are from and well neither of them had heard of Peyton Manning!@!! Could you believe it? I didn't know Australia was so... outback! :)

Overall, I was very happy to be getting out and about. Before Saturday night, I did not get out except for short water/food stints since last Sunday. Insane!

I did get some pizza on the way home Saturday night and am getting better at taking the bus. Oh, and wearing CLEAN clothes was magnificent!

Tomorrow I start exploring again. Possibly parks and museums again. I am excited to get out and back to exploring. I will post pictures!

Also tomorrow, me and Renee are going to plan our trip to Ireland. We will head out Friday and most likely return Sunday. I might fly directly from Ireland into continental Europe. Still unsure how much I will leave behind. We shall see.

OK sleepy time.

No comments: