Thursday, November 8, 2007

A new home!

This morning I awoke in all the luxury that the Radnor Hotel affords. I was moving a bit slow as I had several beers last night and they pack about twice the punch as the average American beer (so says my sources at least).

I went online to see how much flights would cost me to Amsterdam this weekend. About 45 pounds ($90US). Then I tried to find a hotel there and they were all booked (well at least all that I could find online that werent a fortune).

So, I went downstairs at the desk and wanted to pay for another day of luxury and was told they had sold my room out from under me! I was homeless once again. That gave me about 30 minutes to get cleaned up and packed and out the door.

Once I said my goodbyes and exited the life of luxury that I had come accustomed too, I walked over to one of the hostels next door and found to my surprise that a single room was available. The price is right, but its on the 6th floor through a tiny thin stairwell. I got my exercise lugging my bags up those stairs. Its probably my worst loggings so far but I will only be there one night.

I then went to the local t-mobile shop and bought time for the phone Renee had given me. I was now connected to the world with a cell phone that wont cost me a fortune! I started calling some of the numbers I had collected and found a hotel that had a room nearby (in the Marble Arch) neighborhood. The price was right so I took the Underground and checked it out. I would say it is about the same level of luxury as the Radnor hotel. Tiny stairwells into tiny rooms. Course in this case I have to share a bathroom with a few others but the place seems friendly enough. So I booked it for two weeks! IM NOT HOMELESS ANYMORE!

Oh, it has wireless internet as well. :)

Course, that means I am not going to Amsterdam this weekend. But, there will be time for that later in the month. Possibly after my two weeks are up, I will leave London for a couple weeks. I could always do another two weeks at my new place when I am done.

Honestly I am just glad I have a spot to call my own for a while. I will post some photos of my new 'home' soon. But I really dont move in until tomorrow night.

Oh, one thing that is starting to concern me in a big way. My computer. It has been giving me major issues, freezing up and running poorly. Luckily after my last forced restart, it is running smooth. But I am concerned nonetheless. If my computer dies, I would have to buy a new computer or head home early. Its a concern obviously.

Thats the new news with me.

3 comments:

ryanwesley said...

Your mac will not die, neither will my love for you.

Ted Green said...

When the hell are you going to do some work??

thesilvercup said...

Ryan, you my friend are a homo!
not that there is anything wrong with that. :)
Ted, what is this work thing you speak of?