Monday, November 5, 2007

Radnor Hotel to the rescue

So after hunting all day with no luck I decided to walk around to the hostels nearby just to see if they had something available. See, last hotel stay was in the Bayswater neighborhood. It was a cheap find on hotels.com and when I got to it, I found it not so welcoming. Very breezy room in a basement. I did like the neighborhood though with lots of shops and restaurants.

I have been walking around like there is no tomorrow and so I had seen all these hostels along this one street. I love the architecture in London. They have these like row houses... or to be clearer, they are row buildings as they are huge massive 5-6 story buildings that stretch blocks in some cases. In one of these 'buildings' you can find possibly 8 hotels, 6 restaurants and probably 50 residences. I mean they are massive. So there are all these hostels along this street in one of the 'buildings' and I noticed what appeared to be a crappy little hotel... which means its better then a hostel and worse then a regular hotel.

It was the Radnor Hotel. Its a total dive. I went to the second floor and found a single room was available (rare in these cheaper places) and they have wireless internet INCLUDED in the 40 pound per night rate. Double wammy, I was sold. (this also meant I didnt have to drag my heavy bags on another long train ride).

I later found this link to reviews, it is ranked VERY poorly.

Come to find out, the room is better then the one the night before (they got toilet paper, shampoo, a safe in the wardrobe, cable for the tv, a window that doesnt draft, etc) and the wireless works great. So, I am planning on staying here possibly till the end of the week to help give me time to find a permanent residence or till I leave London (possibly this weekend). Course, I think I am the only non-Indian person here but oh well.

So I have been programming in my room (which is literally about 12 feet by 6 feet) in preparation for local elections tomorrow.

PJ (my South African friend) contacted me today and said he had a friend who definitely had a room available in a decent area. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out.

Its late here, 2:13am (ive been working for 7 hours on my little bed here) and so I am going to crash.

Home sweet home! Possibly tomorrow I will get photos up. I should be at my computer all day pretty much for elections. After that, work should be pretty easy rest of week. Then I am officially on vacation for 9 days!

1 comment:

wildcardmedia said...

Well? Did you find a permanent place to stay? I'm really enjoying reading your posts!