Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What day is today?




Serously, I have no idea what day it is. I would guess Thursday.
Long beach is nice. I am staying at a rough little bungalow for 800 baht. Its nice enough and I slept well last night... especially after a few Singha's.
My sunburn is fading but I still have some sore spots on my upper back.
Yesterday, once I got moved and situated in my new spot. I rented a chair on the beach (50 baht) and sat there and read all day. I got through more then half of my book! Thats alot for me, considering I am a slow reader. I am really enjoying it!
Even though I was in the shade, I still got a pink belly... crazy sun here!
So I have realized that Thailand has made me a tight wad!
Yesterday I was fretting about how much this bungalow was. I was thinking "If only I can talk him down to 700 baht"!!! Like that extra $2.50 is going to break my budget. Money on the island is strange. Room and board and food is relatively cheap, but things like sun block and towels are farely expensive... even for US standards.
I am eating very healthy while I am here. I usually get a 'western' style breakfast of eggs and toast with some bacon and ham (I know, that doesnt sound too healthy).. and I skip lunch for a thai chicken curry. Sometimes Green curry, sometimes red and sometimes yellow. I love it!
With all my hiking around and sweating, no doubt I am burning off any caleries I take in. And I drink TONS of water. I constantly have a bottle and probably go through 5-6 a day.
Not sure exactly what my plans are in the next few days. Considering buying another book because I will be done with my current one probably later today. Still want to head to Kantee Beach and head to Krabi afterwards.
OK, well running out of time. Have to buy a book and get back to my beach (i am on the main beach right now cause internet is cheaper) before check out!
If I end up taking a long boat to Kantee tomorrow, I might not post again for a couple days so dont stress out if i dont (-mom!-) ;)

No comments: