Thursday, December 4, 2008

To Rantee Beach

Up this morning to find i have a major fever blister on my lip. Feels like an apple on my face! :)
Oh well. Im not lookin to spiffy these days anyhow. My clothes are constantly moist, wrinkled and a bit smelly, im burned and discolored, skin flaking off in all places and bites and bumps everywhere! My health is good so i guess i have no complaints.
Catching a water taxi (long boat) to Rantee beach where I plan to stay for a couple days at least.
Heard from my friend Avery. She is heading this way so I might have a travel buddy again by end of this weekend. Would be good as my only companions the past few days are books. I have done nothing but sit and read on the beach... in the shade. But I still manage to get LOTS of sun in the shade.
I plan to continue this routine while on Rantee. But for the first time, I am feeling ready to head towards Krabi. I think a couple days or so after Rantee.
Also, I think I am officially half way through my trip. I feel fine with this too... seeing how the first half lasted months it seems.
Finished The Good Earth this morning. Probably the fastest I have ever read a book before in my life. Wang Lung was an interesting guy, but he should have been nicer to O-lan. :)
Today I start my second book, Alls Quiet on the Western Front. I guess i am officially hitting up some of the classics.
Time to go, im paying HUGE for this... 3 baht a minute! Much more then the 2 baht on the rest of the island and the 1 baht back on Phuket.
More lazy reading for me!

No comments: