Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Last night at current bungalow

Lots of hiking today (in the shade).
Burn is starting to not hurt as bad. Think I will avoid blisters, but i kept out of the sun today. I hiked to Rantee beach again this morning to meet my Canadian friends. They crashed there last night. Turns out they were planning on just sleeping on the beach but the family that runs the bungalows over there (the ones I had posted earlier about for 500 baht) ended up giving them a bungalow for free. My friends said they gave them food and candles and helped them build a big fire. THey had a great time. The family also said that because of the riots they have lost about 80% of their business. None of their bungalows are rented as far as I can see. I guess people want to be close to the party of the main beach. The Canadians said that the bungalows are VERY comfy.
As we were talking, they lowered the price of the bungalows on the chalk board to 300 baht per night! So, I am almost certain that tomorrow I will be staying there. It will be a very tough hike with my backpack though. Might take a long boat there for 100 baht.
Also thinking of buying a book, beach towel and some fruit to take with me. POssibly some incense.
Just found out the riots in Bangkok are over. The thais here seem very happy about this. Looks like i will be going out of Bangkok afterall on the 17th.
This evening I hike out to Long Beach today as well. So lots of hiking.
Internet is giving me major problems tonight so i think i will wrap this up. I have tried sending emails and facebook messages, but everythign at every internet shop seems to be having issues.

No comments: