Friday, December 5, 2008

Rantee Beach

I arrived Rantee Beach yesterday by long boat. 300 baht for the trip.
Bungalows were still set at 300 baht per night. I booked for 2 nights.
Once in my bungalow, I found it to be much superior to the bungalows on Long Beach that I had rented for 800 baht per night. Much cleaner and brighter. Not to mentioned, much closer to the beach. I unpacked and settled in. Started reading Alls Quiet on the Western Front. About halfway through it. Enjoying it, but the area I am staying has a stash of books to read, I found one in English called Skeleton Coast (at least i think) and started reading that to save my other for later. Its a good read.
Was all ready to hike up over the hill to the main beach to check internet but found that a small resort on a nearby beach has internet. A 10 minute walk on the beach and through rocks to the closest beach south of Rantee. I was glad, as I did not look forward to the intense 30 minute hike straight up then straight down just to get to the other side and then have to repeat it to get back before the heat comes. So here I am. Unfortunately the connection is VERY slow... 5 minutes for one page, if then.
Enjoying my stay here. Might even stay another night.
Avery sent me a note and said she is in bangkok and heading south. I think flying. So she could be in Phuket today. She has friends there and so she said she might stay there till Tuesday. I am sure I will be ready to leave Phi Phi by then. Possibly we will meet in Krabi (where I might be by then already).
Other then that, my trip is very uneventful. Sitting on the beach, reading. Misquitoes are intense and I have a new series of probably 50 bites on my body. Though I am convinced most come from bed bugs from my last stay in Long Beach. The bed there was questionable. There are bug nets on the beds though and found they work well and are fairly comfy. I slept well last night.
Might brave the sun a bit today finally and snorkel on Rantee. Reef can be seen just yards off the beach.

No comments: