Monday, December 1, 2008

One Week



Today marks the finish of my first week of traveling. Its been a long week! Two more to go.
This morning I got up and met my Canadian friends for breakfast and then we went to the pier to be picked up for snorkeling. We found our guide and his long boat and headed out towards the island Phi Phi Lay, the island where they filmed scenes from the move The Beach.
It was an overcast day once again so I wasn't too worried about sunburn. The cost for renting our own long boat totaled 450 baht per person, including water and equipment.





Its hard to explain this island. It just juts out of the ocean with spidery cliffs (above). The island itself has two areas in its interior that open up. The first one we stopped and swam for 20 minutes. It was just a little bay surrounded by large sheer cliffs.














We then head to the other side of the island to 'The Beach' (in photo below) and snorkeled for a couple hours. We did not go to 'The Beach' as they charge you 200 baht. And there were plenty of other amazing little beaches on this island. Small little havens among the cliffs.



After snorkeling we started back towards the main island to Ratee Beach. My friends plan to sleep on the beach over there tonight. Could be a rough night for them. I lounged around lazily for a while, started reading a book and started to feel my sunburn for the first time. Turns out I am BURNED!
So I gathered my things and started up the trail back past View Point and down to my side of the island. I quickly realized I was exhausted! It was much harder then yesterday. By the time I reached my bungalow I was beat.
A quick shower, lots of water and I started out for dinner. Great curry meal again.
Just bought some cooling aloe.
Now I am heading back to my room and will rest and probably fall asleep.
Too tired to post more. :)
Also, obviously you see I can post photos. I found faster internet connections at different internet cafes.
Tomorrow, I will meet my friends at Ratee for remote beach relaxation! :)

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ryanwesley said...

Dude, you can get just as sunburned on an overcast day as on a clear day. Though, I guess you just figured that out. Always so smooth, you are.