Monday, December 15, 2008

One night in Bangkok



Caught a nice fancy bus to Bangkok (53 baht) today after seeing many sites. I will upload photos soon. Really cool bhuddist wats (temples). Lots of history. Good photos. :)
Turns out rooms are farely expensive here (400 baht with shared bathroom)... or I am just getting cheaper by the moment. We got a room though and its nice enough.
Tonight we are out on the town having drinks. I found a glass of Jamesons and now we have some Singha beers while at an internet cafe. SOOOOO many white foreigners here its crazy.



Hard to tell if I would like this town long term or not. Its sorta crazy.
Also of note, the Thai parliament voted in their new prime minister today. Some demonstrations concentrated near government buildings but overall city is calm. Doubt there will be any trouble but if there is, I have my camera. :)
Tomorrow we will travel around and see some sights and then I will head to the airport tomorrow evening. My trip is coming to an end. :(
Also of note, it snowed in portland today (which is rare).

No comments: