Thursday, December 27, 2007

Back in the US of A

I have been back in the US for a week now. Where everything is cheap! :)

When I flew into Denver last Wednesday, Dec. 19th, it was a long 15 hour journey from start to finish. Often running through airports and barely making all my flights for the day (including the one from London to Chicago). But I made it.

I spent the week with family at my sister's home just outside Denver. It was REALLY great to see everyone. Especially my niece and nephew! The holidays were great and after spending all that time traveling mostly by myself, made it just that much better.

Also good news from Indiana. My grandmother is doing as good as could be expected after her operation last week. My dad is still there helping out. We all missed him very much in Colorado.

This Monday I rode down to Dallas with my brother and his fiance Melissa, where I was reunited with Kutya! He was very happy to see me though it looks like he has really enjoyed his time here with Elod (my brothers dog). It has been a good visit, but tomorrow its just me and kutya, we hit the road heading west. Destination Portland!

I have a room in a house already rented for 3 months. Its in NE Portland near cool Alberta Street. My new roommates Kaci and her brother sound really great. The house looks nice and is across the street from a park, so I am VERY excited to get there and having a 'home' for the first time in over 2 months.

So heading out early in the morning. Today I am working and will pack shortly.

No comments: