Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Portland... finally...



I have almost been in Portland for 2 weeks. Hard to believe!

Pretty cool! Its been a long wait.

So, I got moved into my new place and found that I have two really cool roommates. Kaci and her brother Korey. They have welcomed me into their house and I have gotten settled well. The house is great and their two dogs keep Kutya busy. We have been cooking like crazy and seems we all have a fancy for wine and beer. :)

I have set up my desk and computers and am for the most part capable of working without problems. Except that I lack a desk chair and currently use my bed to sit on. I might have found myself a chair I can borrow for a bit until I buy a nicer one.

Its good to run into my old friends. I have seen most of them but a few are missing.

And went on my first hike in Forest Park in western Portland (the photo at top). Its amazing... even in the city! I can not wait to get out of the city though and do a real hike. Kutya is ready too!

Also, last night I took my first bikram yoga class. Thats where they heat the room to 105°F and you do yoga for an hour and a half. Very excited about the class, but I was completely unprepared for it physically. Not to mention I met my old roommate Serge for a late lunch and had 2 beers. So, I nearly fainted from the heat. Going back tonight in hopes that I do better.

Also had big news with the family yesterday. My brother and his fiance have found out they are pregnant! Its a bit unexpected but exciting and wonderful news nonetheless. :)

Overall, it is good to be settled. I feel grounded... It is nice to have a bed after about 2 months of homelessness and I am happy to be where I am at.

No comments: