Friday, October 26, 2007

Full Travel Mental Mode!

Really hard to believe that in less than one week I will be in Europe.

I still have so much to do... Also working heavily on election projects coming up so I haven't much time to focus on packing and preparation. I have been joking with my family that I might be sleeping on a park bench in London when I get there. Well, that doesn't sound too far off right now. I still have no idea where I am going to stay. I am pretty much convinced that I will be staying in a hostel when I get there and worst case scenerio I will spend a fortune and stay in a nice hotel the first couple nights.

Meanwhile I will either be hunting for rooms to rent or making plans to jump around Europe the first couple weeks to scout out exactly what city I might want to stay in. I mean I think I will stay in London, but I might get to Dublin and find it cheaper and more my style.
So today, I am plugging away on online election projects for the elections on Nov. 6th. Wherever I am at, I must be working that night with a good internet connection.
Also, I am really excited about the Colts vs. Patriots game scheduled for Nov. 4th. I am sure hoping I can find some good pubs with NFL football games on. That should be fun!
I was planning on leaving tomorrow for Fort Worth, Texas to head to my brothers (Mike). My dad and stepmother are there already and are meeting his future in-laws. They are having a cookout Sunday and so I am hoping to make that but am starting to wonder. Most likely I will head to Texas tomorrow in the afternoon. Get as far as I can Saturday night, then hit up a cheap hotel along the way somewhere. Then arrive at my brothers Sunday. Thats probably best case scenario at this point. But I really want to make that cookout.
After I get to Mike's I will unpack my vehicle and stay there until Thursday Nov. 1st, when I fly out. Here is my flight info:

Flight number:       BA2192
From: Dallas Fort Worth (Dallas) Terminal D
To: Gatwick (London)
Depart: 1 Nov 2007 17:15
Arrive: 2 Nov 2007 07:00
Class: World Traveller
Operated by: British Airways
Booking status: Confirmed
Confirmed it says!

Its a Boeing 777. Sure hope I can power my laptop!

Also, I arrive in London early. That will give me more time to find accommodations before night time. Am also curious as to how the time difference will affect me. I have been getting up much earlier then usual lately and am usually up by 8am. This forces me to start to wear out by midnight. I have even gone to bed at 11pm a couple times recently. Crazy.

Anyhow, very excited now. I am in full travel mental mode for the most part!

T-minus 6 days and counting.

No comments: